Sound Therapy Younger Children's Programs (Ages 0 - 7)
Introduce your tots to classical music while stimulating their language comprehension with age appropriate stories and poems.
Starting Sound Therapy early will help your child develop good language skills.
In early childhood, fundamental brain pathways are being laid down. The right stimulation at this crucial time will give your child the best head start for learning.
These music and story albums for children under 7 use the special Sound Therapy filtering system devised by Dr Tomatis and refined over the last 20 years by Patricia and Rafaele Joudry. This special filtering process makes this a powerful program for the ear and brain.
The Younger Children's program includes:
- 1 music and 2 story albums
- a digital player* with headphones suitable for young children
- Listening Guide
* Player model may vary depending on what is available at the time of shipping.
Shipping & Local Collection
Sound Therapy programs and players come with a 12 month warranty and are usually shipped from Sound Therapy Perth within 2-3 weeks of an order being placed. Once your program has been dispatched, shipping times are typically:
- Express Post (within Australia): 2-3 days
- Regular Post (within Australia): 7 days
- DHL (outside Australia): 7 days
All parcels are sent with tracking; we will let you know what the tracking number is as soon as we are notified of it.
Please note that we do not carry programs on the shelf in our clinic; they need to be pre-ordered and put together. If you live locally and would like to come in and purchase a program, you can order them online and select "Local pick up" to avoid paying for postage. We will let you know when your program is ready for collection.
Listeners outside Australia please note:
- Customers outside Australia are not charged the 10% Goods & Services Tax, which will be adjusted at checkout when your country is selected. You may be charged import duty by your local customs authority. UK customers please note that as we are not located in Europe, we do not collect the import VAT - you will be invoiced by HM Revenue & Customs, which could cost around £80 - £100.
- Programs cannot be sent via Airmail (Australia Post) as the digital player contains a lithium battery which is classed as "Dangerous Goods". It must be sent by a courier and attracts a "dangerous goods" surcharge. Shipping typically costs between AU$80 - $130 depending on destination, which is the lowest price we have been able to find.
Albums in the Younger Children's Program
- Garden of Dreams: Exquisite musical selections for children by Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Delibes, Mozart, Bach, and Brahms
- Fairy Tales for Younger Children: Read by writer and former radio actress Patricia Joudry, who has a remarkable ability to engage the interest of the young child.
- Let's Recite: Poems by great authors, read by Patricia Joudry. A child learns rhyme, rhythm and metaphor, which are important fundamentals of language development. It comes with a printed booklet so the child can read along.
- The children's poetry album, Let's Recite, has been a Godsend for my hearing impaired students. They love it! Their attention spans have increased dramatically since they have been listening regularly to the program. My one very hyperactive youngster has settled down to her schoolwork because she knows she can listen to the album as soon as she's finished. Sound Therapy has become a reward!
- It's amazing to me that for the 35 years that I have been teaching hearing imparied children, this is the first auditory training program that uses only speech to which the children can listen comfortably. Patricia's speech is articulate and soothing. You have chosen the poems carefully so that they are amusing and hold the children's interest as well.
- Donalda Alder
Teacher of the Hearing Impaired
Long Beach, California, USA
Digital Player and Headphones
Lightweight yet durable, the digital player offers the convenience of Sound Therapy on the go.
It has a built in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which if looked after should last many years. A USB cable is included; you can plug the USB cable into your computer to charge your player, or use the wall adapter supplied to charge your player from mains power.
The program comes with quality earphones suited for little ears.
For children under 5, you can plug the player into an ipillow or SleepPhones (available separately) for listening while they are sleeping. This is especially good for children who have trouble sleeping!
Once they are old enough to keep headphones on for 10 minutes or more at a time, encourage the use of the earphones for even greater results.
Photo: Eva (3) listening to the Younger Children's program through an iPillow
The Listening Guide has brief and easy instructions to help you supervise your child's listening.
Personal support available as needed
Sound Therapy programs cost 1/10th the price of clinic-based Tomatis treatments because you are not paying for a therapist's time. Instead, we give you as many resources as possible to manage your own treatment, with the back-up of professional support for an additional fee if you feel you need it.
Additional professional support is available from qualified Senior Sound Therapist and Audiometric Officer Simone Collins for a fee.
Working with Sound Therapy programs since 2003, Simone brings many years of experience as a Sound Therapy consultant together with first-hand experience as a Sound Therapy user herself and with her own children, and offers a wealth of knowledge for how to make the most of your program to reap as much benefit from Sound Therapy as possible.
For those in Perth, Simone is able to monitor progress with hearing and auditory processing tests for children aged 6 and above.
If you would like to discuss your progress over the phone or in person, please make an appointment with Simone. Phone and face-to-face appointments with Simone cost A$25 per 15 minutes.